We’ve all been there. You have your local development environment perfectly set up, the site was launched a couple of weeks ago, and now the client has requested just the tiniest change in some minor funcitonality. You refactor, test locally, deploy to production and *bam!* something breaks.
I care about a lot of stuff. Scotch being one of them. Development, work processes, emerging technologies and everything gadgets being another. I’ll try and keep an even distribution.
What to do when everything seems to work just fine your test, but the client still reports your website to contain bugs? This is the story about how we learned not to test using IE 11 in document mode.
Following the new accessibility regulation that are enforced in Norway starting July 1st – here are my thoughts on some basic accessibility best practices.
While Blink(1) is in itself a cool gadget, it could use with a bit of pimping. Here’s how I made my own decorative Blink(1) unit testing light.
I spend a lot of time dealing with the English language in my profession, and though I use the word ”dealing with” in the nicest possible way, I’m not abashed to admit to having stickied Google Translate to my status bar.
Jeg har jobbet som utvikler i 15 år, ja jeg begynner å bli gammel, og har både skrevet og sett mye artig kode. Jeg har levert fra meg ihjelkokt spaghetikode og fått legacy-koder i fanget som jeg har brukt to dager på å skrive om koder til noe som har vært i nærheten av håndterbart.(…)